Tuesday 13 January 2009

British Imperialism Stolen Goods Storage

Here are some scans of drawings I did at the British Museum. From the top there is:
  • Head from a bronze cult statue of Anahita, a local (Greek?) goddess shown in the guise of Aphrodite.
  • Portrait of a Queen, possibly Berenike II of Cyrene (273 - 221 BC)/ Nike (winged messenger goddess)
  • Bronze plastic lamp in the form of a grotesque head / Terracotta model of a circular building, perhaps a shrine or tomb
  • Molossian Hound
  • Forepart of a running leopard / Portion of gold necklace (330 - 320 BC)/ Roundel of a bearded man with oriental head dress / Detail: Roundel of an elderly satyr
  • Icarus / Novelty drinking cup
  • Details from the epicrantis (ornamental band) of the Erechteum (415 BC?) / Details from the Parthenon








I reckon these are probably some of my best examples of drawing from life and the start of my improvement of sketchbook page composition. Gold star for me, well done.

No comments: