Wednesday 14 January 2009

Alphabet of my mind

THE ALPHABET

A is for APPLE BUMMERS.

B is for BOAT.
C is for DALEKAT
D is for DAILY LIFE, URGH!
E is for ECTOPLASM
F is for FLASHER
G is for GHOSTS
H is for HEAVY METAL HARIKIRI
I is for IRELAND
J is for JAUNDICE JESTER
K is for KUNG-FU KNACKER
L is for LETHARGIC LUDDITE
M is for MEMENTO MORI
N is for NEUROSIS
O is for OATCAKES.
P is for PASTA
Q is for QUINCUNX
R is for RUBICON
S is for SKINHEADS
T is for TANDEM CLUB
U is for UKEBRELLA
V is for VEGETARIAN VULTURE
W is for WHISKEY WIZARD
X is for XENOPHOBIC XPAC
Y is for YUPPIE YAUCHTING ACCIDENT
Z is for ZOMBIE INVASION

I did these in 2 batches basically..

batch 1 = A-K, M, O, P, S, T & X
I am especially pleased with A-D, G, P & S from this set.
Using different media, colours and selective collage is beneficial to the overall final look of these images, which I think are quite strong. I found that the yellow graph paper pleasing to the eye and I think it made my images more interesting.
In contrast, look at O, where I have drawn straight onto the graph paper. This image doesn't have the same impact, whereas if I had drawn the oatcake on white paper, cut that out and collaged it onto the yellow, it would have stood out more. Some of the others such as T are also a bit rushed and so don't look too hot.

batch 2 = L, N, Q, R & U-Z
In the second batch I started using felt tips, pencil crayons and markers.
L turned out pretty well, the main skin tone is crayon and the neck and boob shadows are felt tip. This worked out better than I expected really.
Q is wank. Would be acceptable with fineliner outline and maybe a bit of pattern. And if i could colour in within the lines...
I am content with W, Y & Z,
W & Y saw me using crosshatching technique for shading, I think this adds an interesting effect to the images. I could have done with carrying on with the sea in Y but my wrist hurt haha.
Z is mostly crayon, fineliner and blood red marker. It looks well scribbly like a really badly made comic but I think that adds to its charm more than anything.


No comments: