Thursday 30 October 2008

Summer: Who I am and what I want.

WHO I AM:
MY PERSONALITY

NAME: Colm. Translates as 'dove' in Gaelic and pronounced like 'column.' The Mythology behind my name is on Cullan, the sword smith and warrior. The story goes that he was entertaining the King of Ulster, and the King's nephew, Setanta, arrived late. Cullan's fearsome watch-hound had been unleashed, as the guards were told there were no more visitors expected, so Setanta slayed him. REalising what he had done, he then offered to become Cullan's guard until he could find a replacement for the dog. The myth is Cu Chulainn - Cullan's Hound.)

AGE: 20 (At time of drawing). 20/21sts of the "Key to the door". Actually my 21st was shit, I had tonsilitis and stayed in bed.





BIRTHPLACE: Camden UCH ( Basically I turned the word 'Camden' backwards - Ned = Scottish slang for chav, Mac = computer)




DATE OF BIRTH: 9th October 1987. "The" Storm.




POSITION IN THE FAMILY: Youngest of 2, I have just flown the nest. My sister has flown and come back but thats not nature's way so I didn't draw that. Also, the mother bird would have scraped the empty eggshells out of the nest if ya wanna get really technical. I am pleased with how this one turned out. In comparison to the other watercolour one (for 'religion), the use of watercolour here looks appropriate and effective.




NATIONALITY: Irish/English mongrel. The dog is my aunt's, Riley, he's a mysterious breed. Even though I have Irish citizenship I'm still a mongrel... But aren't we all?




RELIGION: Atheist. Religion = conflict and bigotry. This is my least favourite image, I made the mistake of making Ganesha blue, his arms look really wrong and awkward.. Buddha also looks as if he is pullin Bin Laden's beard rather than strangling him.. I could have made this better by making the original drawing more precise and applying colour using photoshop rather than watercolour paint.





EDUCATION: Many things yet to learn I have. Attention I must pay.





HOBBIES: Music and things wot kills ya, such as boozin and smokin.




CAREER PLANS: Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor? NAH!!



WHAT I WANT:
REQUIREMENTS
SELF-DISCIPLINE




HEALTHY DIET




A JOB





JAMS AND GENERAL DRUMMING





PULLEY SYSTEM IN HALLS
EXPECTATIONS


GET LOST AT LEAST ONCE



MAKE NEW FRIENDS





BECOME MORE CONFIDENT




BE BROKE A LOT OF THE TIME






LEARN NEW SKILLS



HOPES (In this section, I have represented each hope with an upper body garment).




BUILD A GOOD NETWORK OF CONTACTS





DON'T GET STABBED UP OR SHOT






AVOID SHOREDITCH NATHAN BARLEYS





FIND DECENT GIGS TO GO TO




ADJUST THE THE TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE

No comments: